Beside 19 New Minister of State, Minister of State with independent charge, Prakash Javdekar was elevated to the Cabinet rank.
- President Pranab Mukherjee administered the oath of office and secrecy to them at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The Ministers of State are Faggan Singh Kulste, S S Ahluwalia, Ramesh Jigjinagi, Vijay Goel, Ramdas Athawale, Rajen Gohain, Anil Madhav Dave, Parshottam Rupala, M J Akbar, Arjun Ram Meghwal, Jaswant Sinh Bhabhor, Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey, Ajay Tamta, Smt. Krishna Raj, Mansukh Mandaviya, Anupriya Patel, C R Chaudhary, P P Chaudhary, Dr Subhash Bhamre.
- 3 each are from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
- Rajasthan has got 4 berths in today’s expansion while 2 from Maharashtra.
- 1 Minister each from West Bengal, Assam, Karnataka and Uttarakhand.
- This is the second expansion of the Narendra Modi govt, Total number of Ministers in the Union Council has gone up to 83.
- PM Narendra Modi has chosen the new team after an exhaustive vetting process from various walks of life and with varied experience.
- FM Arun Jaitley who is holding additional charge of Corporate Affairs and Information and Broadcasting Ministries may be relieved of his additional burden.
305 total views, 1 views today