Since 14th February, 2015, the date when Arvind Kejriwal led Aam Aadmi Party made Government in Delhi with a whopping majority of 67 of 70 seats, AAP has been in the controversies. Before Delhi elections, Kejriwal even said that 70 of 70 candidates of Aam Aadmi Party are not corrupt and there are no cases against them in any court in the Country.
But after the formation of Government, Kejriwal and his MLAs have been found in many controversies and that too on a regular basis. Some of the top controversis of Aam Aadmi Party are below :
- Kumar Vishwas illcit Relationship : AAP leader Kumar Vishwas was summoned after an AAP volunteer from Amethi accused him of ignoring her request to clarify on the allegations of “illicit affair” between the two. Sources in the AAP said the poet-turned-politician has decided to defy the summon by the DCW, which had asked him to appear before it at 3 pm on Tuesday. On Monday, he had rejected the allegations. “That woman has mailed me and has clearly called me ‘Bhaiya’. I have filed a complaint. What should I do next?” he said.
- Kejriwal vs Najeeb Jung : There has been an ongoing tussle between the Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung regarding the handling of government files. The L-G has directed all ministers and officials of the Delhi government to refer to him all files on various issues as is stipulated under the Constitution. This is not the first time that the AAP government is in confrontation with the L-G. During its first stint, it had tabled the Jan Lokpal Bill in the Assembly without getting Jung’s approval.
- Law Minister Jitendra Singh Tomar’s fake degree : Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar has been accused of forging his LLB degree. The minister told Arvidn Kejriwal that the allegation against him was fake and baseless even as Congress and BJP stepped up their demand for his dismissal. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal defended Tomar and called for a “public trial” of the media. “I am not Tomar’s relative or friend. I had sought an explanation from Tomar on the controversy. He gave a satisfactory answer and said he wasn’t at fault as his degree is genuine,” Kejriwal said.
- Gajendra Suicide during Kejriwal Rally : Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had to apologise for not stopping his speech at a rally where a Rajasthan farmer Gajendra Singh committed suicide in full public glare. Kejriwal admitted that he should not have continued with his speech against the land ordinance after the incident but pointed out that he was to originally speak for an hour but spoke only for 10-15 minutes. “I think that was my mistake. Probably I should not have spoken. If that has hurt anyone’s sentiments, I would like to apologise,” the AAP founder leader had said. “I am guilty. Blame me,” he said. “But please focus on the real issue of the farmers and desist from politicking.” Delhi Police accused AAP activists of preventing them from going to the rescue of the victim. The AAP denied this, and instead accused the police of not acting promptly.
- SC/ST, Women and Child Welfare Minister Sandeep Kumar’s Sex tape : The latest of all is the sex tape of Delhi Minister Sandeep Kumar. Although Kejriwal has sacked the minister, but the reports say that the tape was provided to Kejriwal 15 days before it came into media and Kejriwal sacked Sandeep Kumar after the tape was made public in Media.
There have been many other controversies also, but these are the top 5 controversies of Arvind Kejriwal led AAP Government in Delhi. Every time when some or other AAP leader are into some controvery, Arvind Kejriwal defends them till the proof comes into limelight.
1,882 total views, 1 views today