PM Narendra Modi Cabinet has given approval for establishment of new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences AIIMS at Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana PMSSY.
- Cost of the project for establishment of the new AIIMS in Gorakhpur shall be Rs. 1011 crore.
- AIIMS shall have a hospital with capacity of 750 beds which will include Emergency/Trauma Beds, AYUSH Beds, Private Beds and ICU Speciality & Super Speciality beds.
- There will be an Administration Block, AYUSH Block, Auditorium, Night Shelter, Hostels and residential facilities.
- AIIMS will be available for primary and secondary level institutions/facilities being created under National Health Mission (NHM).
- AIIMS will also conduct research on prevalent regional diseases and other health issues and provide for better control and cure of such diseases.
- Uttar Pradesh comprising 14 districts of the state and also 5 districts of Western Bihar (West-Champaran, East-Champaran, Saran, Siwan, and Gopalganj) will be benefited by this AIIMS.
- Setting up of AIIMS under PMSSY aims correcting the regional imbalances in availability of affordable/reliable tertiary level healthcare in the country in general, and to augment facilities for quality medical education in under-served or backward States.
- AIIMS have been established in Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Raipur, Jodhpur, Rishikesh and Patna while work of AIIMS Rae Bareli is in progress.
- AIIMS in Nagpur (Maharashtra), Kalyani(West) and Mangalagiri in Guntur (A.P) have been sanctioned in 2015.
2,499 total views, 1 views today