Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti has announced that 231 projects under Namami Gange will be inaugurated at various locations in Uttrakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Haryana and Delhi.
- These projects involve modernization and redevelopment of Ghats and crematoriums, development of sewage infrastructure.
- Treatment, afforestation, tree plantation (medicinal plants), pilot drain project, interceptor drain project, trash skimmers and conservation of biodiversity.
- 47 such projects will be inaugurated at various locations in Dehradun, Garhwal, Tehri garhwal, Rudraprayag, Haridwar and Chamoli districts of Uttrakhand.
- Function will be held at Haridwar which will be attended by Uttrakhand CM Shri Harish Rawat and Union Ministers Shri Nitin Gadkari, Choudhary Birender Singh, Shri Mahesh Sharma and Uma Bharti.
- 20 projects of Namami Gange will be inaugurated at various locations in North 24 pargana, Nadia, South 24 pargana and Howrah districts of West Bengals.
- 26 projects will be inaugurated at various locations in Buxar, Vaishali, Saran, Patna and Bhagalpur districts of Bihar.
- 112 projects under Namami Gange programme will be inaugurated at various locations in Amroha, Bijnor, Hapur, Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Mathura, Allahabad, Varanasi, Farukhabad and Kanpur districts.
- 400 villages along the river Ganga will be developed as Ganga Gram in phase-I.
- 13 IITs have adopted five villages each for development as Ganga Grams.
- Training for 328 sarpanchs was completed at Sichawal in Punjab.
- 8 biodiversity centers will be developed along Ganga for restoration of identified priority species.
- Thsese 8 Centres are Rishikesh, Dehradun, Narora, Allahabad, Varanasi, Bhagalpur, Sahibganj and Barraackpore.
1,336 total views, 1 views today