One person was arrested for allegedly raising pro-Pakistan slogans when supporters of a front took out a march in Patna, Bihar in support of AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi and controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik.
- A video showing around 50 youths marching and chanting pro Pakistan slogans in Patna has gone viral.
- FIR in the case has been lodged under section 143 (unlawful assembly), 124A (sedition), 153A (promoting enmity between different groups), and 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant).
- The march was ta ken out on Friday in support of televangelist Zakir Naik and All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen chief Asaddudin Owaisi under Popular Front of India (PFI)’s banner.
- The footage of the march telecast by a few TV news channels showed protestors under the banner of ‘Popular Front of India’ demanding that Bihar government.
- Madhubani-resident Mohammad Tausif Ahmed, 28, was arrested in connection with the march.
- Intelligence Bureau (IB) as well as National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths interrogated Tausif for several hours.
- Most marchers had come to Patna from Darbhanga, Madhubani and Samastipur for the procession.
- Bihar police are also coordinating with central intelligence agencies to probe the case.
- Bihar police had handed over terrorist Yasin Bhatkal to National Investigation Agency without interrogating him after his arrest from Raxual.
- Patna District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar Aggarwal and the SSP said no prior permission was taken for the rally.
- Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi in a statement here claimed that the raising of pro-Pakistan slogans and eulogising Zakir Naik proved that the Nitish Kumar government had “increased the courage of such elements.
- BJP and Hindustan Awam Morcha (Secular) workers separately torched a Pakistani flag in protest.
- People have not forgotten that terrorist modules had come to light in Darbhanga, Samastipur and Muzaffarpur three years ago under Nitish Kumar’s rule.
- BJP state chief Mangal Pandey accused CM Nitish Kumar of protecting anti-national forces for vote bank politics.
4,113 total views, 5 views today