A High Level meeting chaired by Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh was held in Srinagar. The meeting was also attended by the Jammu and Kashmir Governor Shri NN Vohra and Chief Minister Ms. Mehbooba Mufti and several Senior Officers from the Centre and the State.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh expressed satisfaction over the performance of the State Government as well as the Security Forces and complimented them for excellent ground coordination and synergy.
- During the meeting a range of issues pertaining to the state were discussed.
- HM assured of positive outcomes on issues of opening of more LoC routes for trade and business, giving permission to foreigners to visit Ladakh including Nubra valley
- HM assured quick resolution of land related issues, increasing ex-gratia payment to families of martyred J&K police personnel at par with the Central Forces and restarting the police modernization.
- Rajnath Singh instructed the CRPF and BSF to explore the possibility of conducting special recruitment drives in Jammu and Kashmir.
- He asked the agencies to ensure fool proof security in the state, with primacy being to protecting the life and property of civilians.
- Jammu and Kashmir Government expressed its confidence of maintaining security in the State, including during the ongoing Shri Amarnath Yatra.
- Home Minister asked the BSF and the Army to step up the vigil at the International Border and the LoC, so that the evil designs of the enemy could be frustrated.
1,073 total views, 1 views today