Shivraj Singh Chouhan led Madhya Pradesh Cabinet expansion and reshuffle took place after two-and-a-half years since the BJP government took charge of the office in 2013.
- Madhya Pradesh Government inducted three new faces in the Cabinet and made six ministers as the Minister of States.
- Three new faces inducted in the Cabinet are Archana Chitnis, Rustam Singh and Om Prakash Dhurve.
- Among those who are made the Minister of States are Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya, Harsh Singh, Vishwas Sarang, Lalita Yadav, Sanjay Pathak and Surya Prakash Meena.
- Rustam Singh, an ex-Indian Police Service officer, was Panchayat and Rural Development Minister in the BJP’s previous government.
- Archana Chitnis was school education minister.
- Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya is a known critic of the Scindias, who is pitted against Yashodhara’s nephew and sitting Congress MP Jyotiraditya.
- Governor Ramnaresh Yadav administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers.
- Shivraj led Madhya Pradesh Govt has 18 cabinet ministers and four ministers of state since December 2013.
- All Minister names were discussed in a meeting held at BJP national president Amit Shah’s residence in the presence of BJP national general secretary Ramlal and state in-charge Vinay Sahasrabuddhe.
- After the expansion, a first-of-its-kind new Happiness Ministry, inspired by Bhutan that has a concept of ‘gross national happiness index’, is going to be constituted shortly.
1,288 total views, 3 views today