Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Vijay Goel today visited ailing former Hockey captain and Olympian Mohammad Shahid, who is currently undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Gurgaon for liver and kidney-related issues.
- He inquired about his well-being and conveyed the best wishes of the PM Narendra Modi for the speedy recovery of the star player.
- He met each of the family members of Mohammad. Shahid, his wife, Ms Praveen Shahid, Son, Md. Sais and daughter Ms Heena Shahid.
- Doctors attending on Mohammad Shahid briefed the Minister about the critical condition of the player and said best treatment is being provided to him for liver and Kidney related issues.
- Mohammad Shahid is a legendary hockey player of his time and played at forward position.
- Vijay Goel said that Indian Hockey Team at Rio Olympics will always have the best wishes of Mohammad Shahid to fly the tricolour high during the competition.
- Mohammad Shahid played Olympic 1980 Russia, won gold medal.
- Mohammad Shahid was member of hockey team of 1984 Los Angeles and 1988 Seoul.
- Mohammad Shahid was the captain of the team in 1986 Asian Games and won Bronze medal and in 1986 World Cup.
- Mohammad Shahid was member of the team which won Silver in 1982 Asian Games.
2,603 total views, 3 views today